Starting with my first book, Coffeehouse Theology (NavPress, 2008), I have authored and co-authored commercially and independently published books on topics that include Christian living, Bible study, writing, and creativity.
Books on creativity, writing, and spirituality for creative writers.
- Creating Space: The Case for Everyday Creativity (Kindle Bestseller)
- Write without Crushing Your Soul (Kindle Bestseller)
- Pray, Write, Grow, Cultivating Prayer and Writing Together (Kindle Bestseller)
- The Contemplative Writer (Kindle Bestseller)
- A Path to Publishing: What I Learned by Publishing a Nonfiction Book
I have also written several Christian living and theology books:
- A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline to Faith and Growth
- The Good News of Revelation (co-author Larry Helyer)
- Unfollowers: Unlikely Lessons on Faith from the Doubters of Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life
- First Draft Father: A Write-from-Home Dad Finds the Joy/Anxiety/ Exhaustion/Wonder of Parenting
- Why We Run from God’s Love
A Bit More about My Books… (more coming here soon!)
Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life
Coffeehouse Theology will help the reader understand, shape, and live out practical Christian theology in the postmodern context. Beginning with the relationship of cultural context and theology, Coffeehouse Theology roots theology in the church’s mission to be the presence of God’s Kingdom. Far from dividing the church, theology unites the church in a dynamic dialogue about the presence of God, his revelation in scripture, and the interpretations of the historic and global churches.
“Coffeehouse Theology is the perfect antidote for the increasing distance between academic theology and everyday life. With wit and grace, Cyzewski shows how theology not only connects us with God but also moves us out of ourselves into loving ministry next door and around the world. This is the ideal text for adult Sunday school classes and home discussion groups.”
– William Dyrness of Fuller Theological Seminary
“Ed Cyzewski is uniquely capable of providing an account of the challenges facing Christian ministry and witness in the contemporary setting and clear and practical assistance for communities seeking fresh expressions of the Christian faith in the context of postmodern culture.”
– John Franke of Biblical Theological Seminary
A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline for Faith and Growth
No one ever plans to fail in their faith. We all think we’ll be the kind of Christian who follows the straight and narrow, ending our days with the relief of knowing we were ultimately a good and faithful servant. So why do so many leave that road? What enables some to survive as Christians when so many others have faltered?
With A Christian Survival Guide, Ed Cyzewski steps up to be your trail guide and provide some possible answers. He addresses some of the biggest, toughest questions in Christianity, including:
- Disturbing Bible stories
- Hell and what it means
- Is the Bible “true”?
- The question of evil
- Money and the church
- Evangelizing when no one wants to listen
Candid and wry, Cyzewski deals with the tension of hard questions without resorting to empty answers, clichés, relativism, or the smug certainty that can so often drive seekers and strugglers further away.
Cyzewski also has a knack of making long-ago biblical figures absolutely recognizable in today’s issues. This survival guide is not meant to be a “one size fits all” handbook. It is a first step to confronting the big issues and challenges of a life of faith—even the ones that Christians fear most. Cyzewski writes for those who both care and question deeply, and offers survival tips to help readers move from living on the edge to a place of health and life.
Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus
Hazardous encourages disciples of Jesus to count the steep costs of following Jesus in their daily lives by equipping them to pursue holiness, listen for God’s guidance, and obey God’s direction. A lot of books tell us that discipleship is costly, but this book shows what it looks like and how God helps us persevere in the midst of trials.
Download a sample of Hazardous.
Purcase Hazardous from Amazon.