Thanks for stopping by!
My name is Ed Cyzewski (Cy-zes-ki), and I’m a Christian author and editor who has a Master of Divinity, practices contemplative prayer, and co-leads the Renew and Refine Retreat. When I’m not writing books, I work as a freelance writer and editor in Kentucky, just north of Nashville, TN.
I am the author of…
- Reconnect: Spiritual Restoration from Digital Distraction
- Flee, Be Silent, Pray: An Anxious Evangelical Finds Peace with God through Contemplative Prayer
- A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline to Faith and Growth
- The Good News of Revelation (co-author Larry Helyer)
- Unfollowers: Unlikely Lessons on Faith from the Doubters of Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life
- Why We Run from God’s Love
I have also written several books on writing and spirituality:
- Creating Space: The Case for Everyday Creativity (Kindle Bestseller)
- Write without Crushing Your Soul (Kindle Bestseller)
- Pray, Write, Grow, Cultivating Prayer and Writing Together (Kindle Bestseller)
- First Draft Father: A Write-from-Home Dad Finds the Joy/Anxiety/ Exhaustion/Wonder of Parenting
I regularly write about Christian living and prayer at this site and Patheos. In the past I have written for The High Calling, Christian Today, Leadership Journal (print), and Christianity Today (online). I’m especially interested in writing about practicing contemplative prayer as an alternative to effort-based religion and digital distraction.
I have appeared on HuffPost Live, talking about evangelicals and politics. Hopefully we won’t repeat the mistakes of the 2016 election again.
I have a Master of Divinity degree, but I feel more like a beginner in divinity most days. I didn’t go into ministry because… introvert. Reading Richard Rohr has helped me accept all of that.
My guest post credits in the publishing industry include posts for leading bloggers such as Rachelle Gardner and Jane Friedman. My post, “Can You Promote a Book without Making Yourself Miserable?” has been featured in Digital Book World and The Passive Voice.
I provide book proposal evaluations and book editing for publishers and individuals. If you want to make my day, send me an email saying that I can mark up your precious little book project… (**Insert evil laugh here**)
I do not review books on my blog, but this post is full of ideas that will help authors with reviews and publicity.
My wife is a professor at a university in western Kentucky. I’m from Philadelphia and spent 6 years in New England. I have never lived this far south before. Consequently, I have never been in greater need of a passable bagel, a decent pizza, or an ice skating rink.
My interests include gardening, skiing, hiking, hockey, pastels, and house rabbits.
If I can help you with writing, editing, or publishing, contact me at edcyzewski (at) gmail (dot) com or jot a note on the contact page.
Thanks for dropping by,
My Brief Bio
Ed Cyzewski (MDiv Biblical Theological Seminary) is the author of Reconnect: Spiritual Restoration from Digital Distraction, Flee, Be Silent, Pray, A Christian Survival Guide, and Coffeehouse Theology. He co-leads the Renew and Refine Retreat and works as a freelance writer who has contributed to numerous magazines and book projects. He blogs about writing and prayer at www.edcyzewski.com.
By the way, I know some people are going to email me anyway about reviewing their books, but really… I don’t review books. However, this post is full of ideas that will help authors with reviews and publicity.