Thanks for stopping by!
My name is Ed Cyzewski (Cy-zes-ki), and I work as a freelance writer and editor north of Nashville, TN. I have a Master of Divinity and practice contemplative prayer, both of which play a major role in my writing. I am the author of the following books:
- Flee, Be Silent, Pray: An Anxious Evangelical Finds Peace with God through Contemplative Prayer (June 20, 2017)
- A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline to Faith and Growth
- The Good News of Revelation (co-author Larry Helyer)
- Unfollowers: Unlikely Lessons on Faith from the Doubters of Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Hazardous: Committing to the Cost of Following Jesus (co-author Derek Cooper)
- Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life
- Why We Run from God’s Love
I have also written several books on writing and spirituality:
- Creating Space: The Case for Everyday Creativity (Kindle Bestseller)
- Write without Crushing Your Soul (Kindle Bestseller)
- Pray, Write, Grow, Cultivating Prayer and Writing Together (Kindle Bestseller)
- First Draft Father: A Write-from-Home Dad Finds the Joy/Anxiety/ Exhaustion/Wonder of Parenting
- A Path to Publishing: What I Learned by Publishing a Nonfiction Book
I regularly write about Christian living and prayer at this blog and for The High Calling and Christian Today. My work has also appeared in Leadership Journal (print) and Christianity Today (online). I’m especially interested in writing about prayer and the unique challenges writers who are Christians face. I’ve also appeared on HuffPost Live, talking about evangelicals and politics.
I have a Master of Divinity, but I feel more like a beginner in divinity most days. I didn’t go into ministry because… introvert. Reading Richard Rohr has helped me accept all of that.
My guest post credits in the publishing industry include posts for leading bloggers such as Rachelle Gardner and Jane Friedman. My post, “Can You Promote a Book without Making Yourself Miserable?” has been featured in Digital Book World and The Passive Voice.
I provide book proposal evaluations and book editing for publishers and individuals. I also write website copy, blog posts, and newsletters, but if you want to make my day, send me an email saying that I can mark up your precious little book project… (**Insert evil laugh here**)
I do not review books on my blog, but this post is full of ideas that will help authors with reviews and publicity.
My wife is a professor at a university in western Kentucky. I’m from Philadelphia and spent 6 years in New England. I have never lived this far south before. Consequently, I have never been in greater need of a passable bagel, a decent pizza, or an ice skating rink.
My interests include gardening, skiing, hiking, hockey, and house rabbits.
If I can help you with writing, blogging, or publishing, contact me at edcyzewski (at) gmail (dot) com or jot a note on the contact page.
Thanks for dropping by,
My Brief Bio
Ed Cyzewski (MDiv Biblical Theological Seminary) is the author of A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline to Faith and Growth, Coffeehouse Theology: Reflecting on God in Everyday Life, and Pray, Write, Grow. He is a freelance writer who has contributed to numerous magazines and book projects. He blogs about writing and prayer at www.edcyzewski.com.
By the way, I know some people are going to email me anyway about reviewing their books, but really… I don’t review books. However, this post is full of ideas that will help authors with reviews and publicity.